qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Support for Intel GPU

From: Allan Sandfeld Jensen
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Support for Intel GPU
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 12:54:19 +0100

I have attached a patch that enables support for direct use of Intel GPUs in
QEMU. With this you can build the libdrm and mesa on for instance an AArch64
emulated system and have native OpenGL support inside QEMU.

The code has been sitting around on my drive for a year, and isn't quite as
polished as I would like it to be, but I thought it would better to get it out
there and see what people think.

I have other patches for Radeon drivers, but it untested, and many of the
other DRM drivers are must harder to support as they have their own subcommand
systems on top of IOCTL that makes it hard to support with existing IOCTL
mapping in QEMU.  I can share those too if there is interest, I am just
starting with the one I have tested and know works at least for me.

Best regards
'Allan