qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [PR RFC] RISC-V Patches for the 3.1 Soft Freeze, Part 2

From: Palmer Dabbelt
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [PR RFC] RISC-V Patches for the 3.1 Soft Freeze, Part 2
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 14:22:46 -0700

Since this is the first time I've actually done this for QEMU, I thought
I'd write up a bit of a header describing how I intend to handle RISC-V
pull requests.  This is modeled after how I've been doing things in
Linux, where it seems to work out fairly well.

My flow is to:

* Collect reviews over the course of the week.
* Tag what I intend to submit on Tuesday
* Push the tag up and send an RFC PR
* Assuming there's no major issues, actually send out the full pull
  request on Thursday

I've been doing this for a while (on Monday/Wednesday) and have found it
works well.  So far we've never had an issue where I had to pull back a
proposed PR, but I do like having the extra few days just so everyone
can stay on the same page as to what is going in.

---

The following changes since commit a2e002ff7913ce93aa0f7dbedd2123dce5f1a9cd:

  Merge remote-tracking branch
'remotes/vivier2/tags/qemu-trivial-for-3.1-pull-request' into staging
(2018-10-30 15:49:55 +0000)

are available in the Git repository at:

  git://github.com/riscv/riscv-qemu.git tags/riscv-for-master-3.1-sf1

for you to fetch changes up to a094b3544f2855c0489f5df3c938b14b9a5899e5:

  Add address@hidden as the RISC-V list (2018-10-30 11:04:29 -0700)

RISC-V Patches for the 3.1 Soft Freeze, Part 2

This tag contains a few simple patches that I'd like to target for the
QEMU soft freeze.  There's only one code change: a fix to our PMP
implementation that avoids an internal truncation while computing a
partial PMP read.

I also have two updates to the MAINTAINERS file: one to add Alistair as
a RISC-V maintainer, and one to add our newly created mailing list.

Dayeol Lee (1):
      target/riscv/pmp.c: pmpcfg_csr_read returns bogus value on RV64

Palmer Dabbelt (2):
      Add Alistair as a RISC-V Maintainer
      Add address@hidden as the RISC-V list

 MAINTAINERS        | 2 ++