qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 0/5] MIPS queue for October 2018, part 5

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 0/5] MIPS queue for October 2018, part 5
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 17:53:21 +0000

On 30 October 2018 at 17:49, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé <address@hidden> wrote:
> 1h44min between a series posted and the same series sent as pull request is
> quite fast for address@hidden
>
> I'm sorry to complain about this, but this is not the first time I review
> your patches and make comment, and see the previous series in PR and my
> comment ignored.
>
> There are (paid) reviewers working in about every timezones, also note that
> some hobbyist might only have time during week-ends.
>
> I don't know if they are guidelines for that. 24h could work.

We don't have specific guidelines, but yes, in general there should
be a reasonable time between patches being posted and their being
applied, to allow time for review. There is some element of a
judgement call here -- if the patch is "obviously" non-controversial
or trivial and it gets reviewed quickly it may be ok to put it into
a pull request sooner rather than later. And I appreciate that it
being softfreeze day today imposes some time pressure.

I think in this case it would be good to let these have a bit more
time and to handle the code review comments; we can still put them
into 3.1.

thanks
-- PMM