qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Telling qemu to run for a number of guest milliseconds and

From: Martin Schroeder
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Telling qemu to run for a number of guest milliseconds and then pause
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 14:45:02 +0200

I'm working on an interface between qemu and an in house testing suite
and one of the things I would like to do is tell qemu to run the guest
for a number of guest milliseconds and then pause execution of the
guest.

I do not want qemu to raise a debug exception. I just want it to pause
(ie sleep on an external semaphore for example) so that it does not
execute any more guest instructions but then when told to resume it
should just continue and make sure that guest does not see this pause
at all.

Where in the code would be the best place to add such functionality?