qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Hints for a networkable console

From: Vincenzo Romano
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Hints for a networkable console
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2018 20:09:45 +0200

I'd like to work on an idea that could be explained with the examples below.

-nographic \
-chardev socket,id=console,host=127.1.2.3,port=1234,server \
-display curses,chardev=console

and

-nographic \
-chardev socket,id=console,path=/tmp/asocket,server \
-display curses,chardev=console

This would allow for a "networkable" character-based console,
as opposed to an "image-oriented" one like VNC.

I have already given a look to some code (mainly in vl.c) and
I'd like to avoid reverse-engineering the code structure.
Where can I find some details about the code structure and maybe
a general overview?

--
Vincenzo Romano - NotOrAnd.IT
Information Technologies