qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Pipe key broken on US keyboards

From: Phillip Susi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Pipe key broken on US keyboards
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 15:51:41 -0400

On 8/20/2018 11:07 AM, Christian Ehrhardt wrote:
> What exactly would you need in Ubuntu Phillp?

It *looks* like this is fixed in 2.12, but Ubuntu has 2.11.

> Latest qemu would atm be on 2.12 with the git available here [1].
> Unfortunately mostly nobody cares about the git branches so I forgot to
> push this one - shame on me :-/, it is ready now thou.

What did you forget to push?  Because the debian git repo already seemd
to have 2.12 last week.

> I couldn't follow all of the thread, do you need something else than qemu
> code to be updated, if so which package would that be?

Nope; it's just qemu 2.11 seems to have had this bug.  It seems there
has been massive refactoring of the keyboard code since then so likely
this bug will forever remain in 18.04 unless someone wants to go through
the 2.11 code and figure out how to surgically fix it.  At this point I
think the path of least resistance for me is to get the newer version in
the debian git repo to build and install that.

What I can't figure out is how to get the pristine-tar for
dpkg-buildpackage.  The git repo doesn't contain the pristine-tar branch
that was required for pristine-tar to check out the original tar.