qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Pipe key broken on US keyboards

From: Daniel P . Berrangé
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Pipe key broken on US keyboards
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2018 13:58:08 +0100

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 08:44:36AM -0400, Phillip Susi wrote:
> On 8/17/2018 4:56 AM, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
> > Oh one other thing, is whether your QEMU process has an explicit keymap
> > configured (this is the -k arg to QEMU), as when that it set, it
> > completely changes the way keyboard input is handled in VNC. That code
> > has also been massively refactored recently.
>
> I'm not using that argument.  I just checked the man page and it says it
> defaults to en-us, which should be correct.

Actually for QEMU there is no default localized keymap. This is desirable
because it allows VNC to activate its raw scancode extension which is more
reliable than passing translated X11 key symbols.

I guess there's a chance that Xen might secretly pass a '-k' arg anyway,
but hopefully it doesn't...

Regards,
Daniel