qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] RDMA wrongly detected as being supported on FreeBSD

From: Marcel Apfelbaum
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] RDMA wrongly detected as being supported on FreeBSD
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 11:55:10 +0300

On 08/15/2018 04:37 PM, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
On 06.08.2018 10:51, Thomas Huth wrote:
On 07/28/2018 05:50 AM, Rebecca Cran wrote:
On 7/25/18 5:14 AM, Thomas Huth wrote:

Note that the error has been reported to happen on FreeBSD - so I doubt
that this <linux/types.h> header should be here.

Anyway, our include/standard-headers/linux/types.h is also empty ... so
could you try whether it compiles if you simply remove this #include
line, Rebecca?

Sorry for the delay, I'm just getting back to this. Removing the include
causes it to fail later on, with:

/home/bcran/workspace/qemu/hw/rdma/vmw/pvrdma_cmd.c:60:17: warning:
implicit declaration of function 'mremap' is invalid in C99
[-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
     host_virt = mremap(curr_page, 0, length, MREMAP_MAYMOVE);
OK, thanks for checking. According to

  https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=mremap&manpath=NetBSD+5.0

that syscall should also be available on FreeBSD. So could you please do
one more test and see whether it works when you add the following line
somewhere at the beginning of the file:

   #include <sys/mman.h>

  Thanks,
   Thomas

I'm a little bit disoriented. The linked page is from NetBSD in a very
old version 5.x. We have 8.0 out now.

The thread is about FreeBSD. If there are any questions regarding
NetBSD, please let me know.

Indeed, the linked page didn't help, we are referring to FreeBSD
which doesn't support mremap, at least by default.

Thanks,
Marcel