qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu:handle_cpu_signal received signal outside vCPU con

From: Andreas Schwab
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu:handle_cpu_signal received signal outside vCPU context
Date: Wed, 30 May 2018 11:02:55 +0200

On Mär 19 2018, Michael Clark <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 9:17 AM, Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I'm seeing this error while building gedit for riscv64 with linux-user
>> emulation:
>>
>> $ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=gedit/.libs qemu-riscv64 gedit/.libs/gedit
>> --introspect-dump=/tmp/tmp-introspectnj0xla07/functions.txt,
>> /tmp/tmp-introspectnj0xla07/dump.xml
>> qemu:handle_cpu_signal received signal outside vCPU context @ pc=0x6003d7d5
>> qemu:handle_cpu_signal received signal outside vCPU context @ pc=0x60106a16
>>

> Thanks. I can see this code in accel/tcg/user-exec.c
>
> It would be nice if that log message included the signal number. I wonder
> if we are getting a SIGSEGV. I also wonder what thread is actually
> running...

A native build doesn't see any issues, so this looks like a genuine qemu
bug.

> I wonder what is the best way for me to reproduce on my side... a tarball
> with binaries that I can use to trigger the fault?

There are some images under
<http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/openSUSE:/Factory:/RISCV/images/>
that can be used as a base.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, address@hidden
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE  1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7