qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [SPDK] qemu process hung at boot-up, no explicit errors

From: Bob Chen
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [SPDK] qemu process hung at boot-up, no explicit errors or warnings
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 17:18:42 +0800

> On 04/20/2018 07:13 AM, Bob Chen wrote:
> > 2.11.1 could work, qemu is no longer occupying 100% CPU. That's
> > interesting...
> >

> Does 2.12 use 100% even at the firmware menu? Maybe we're not giving
> this VM long enough to hit the spot that causes it to use 100%.
>
> > Now I can see the starting screen via vnc, says that not a bootable disk.
> >

> If it's stopping at the firmware I think the guest is not being taken
> into account, and the firmware is either trying to boot the wrong disk
> or your disk is corrupted. (Or it can't see your disk at all -- I'm
> personally not very familiar with using SPDK.)

> Can you share your command line with us?

I opened another thread to discuss this issue, looks like there's something
wrong with the spdk official doc.

However, 2.12 is still very likely to be buggy. I'm sure I waited long
enough but the CPU never dropped below 100%. The vnc screen stopped at

Again, 2.10 and 2.11 are fine. Though "No bootable device" but CPU dropped
anyway.