qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Consult] nfs-vsocks support

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Consult] nfs-vsocks support
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2018 10:45:37 +0100

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 07:25:21PM +0800, Liu, Jing2 wrote:
> On 3/26/2018 6:12 PM, Liu, Jing2 wrote:
> > Hi Stefan,
> >
> > Thank you very much for the response! It truly gave me much help.
> >
> > On 3/24/2018 12:02 AM, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
> [...]
> > >
> > > Here is a script that launches nfsd and runs a guest:
> > > https://github.com/stefanha/linux/commit/38cbc15661a6dd44b69c4f318091f2047d707035#diff-05f3fe8941076453942a8c059b409009
> > >

> Using the script, I met some problems making the
> initramfs.gz. It confused me a lot... I don't have busybox under
> /usr/bin or /usr/sbin. Where to get it?

It may be easier to use a full guest disk image instead of the disk
image generation in my go.sh script.  The initramfs is very specific to
the development machine I was using at the time.  The main thing to look
at the in the go.sh script is how the NFS services are launched on the
host.

Busybox is a package that is available on most Linux distributions.

Before you spend more time on this, NFS over AF_VSOCK is only suitable
for developers right now.  It is not ready for production and I am not
supporting it for end users.  So if you want to hack on NFS, please go
ahead, but otherwise it's probably not what you want.

Stefan