qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Regarding qemu console?

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Regarding qemu console?
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2018 13:47:01 +0100

On Sun, Mar 25, 2018 at 06:46:50PM +0530, Arun raj wrote:
> I'm new to qemu.i'm using qemu 2.11 version in my laptop.In qemu system i
> have two serial port.If i type the any information on the minicom serial
> port, this message are redirected into QEMU console. How you are
> redirecting all message onto qemu console. Are you using any virtual
> console driver. Which file and whilch driver it does? Can anyone tell me
> how qemu redirecting messages from serial port?

Hi Arun,
I have a hard time understanding what exactly you are asking.

Please post the QEMU command-line you used so we can see how the guest
is configured.

If you are running minicom inside the guest, then the guest operating
system's serial device driver transfers the data to the hardware just
like on a real machine, except that QEMU traps hardware register
accesses and emulates a serial device instead of a real hardware device.

Stefan