qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 0/2] Net patches

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 0/2] Net patches
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 17:12:59 +0100

On 26 March 2018 at 15:23, Eric Blake <address@hidden> wrote:
> We'll want a followup patch to .mailmap to make the git log attribution look
> nicer.  We currently have the following patches all attributed to the same
> email address; I have no idea if .mailmap can correctly sort between them:
>
> $ git shortlog origin --author=qemu-devel | grep '^[^ ]'
> Ed Swierk via Qemu-devel (2):
> Ian McKellar via Qemu-devel (1):
> Julia Suvorova via Qemu-devel (1):
> Justin Terry (VM) via Qemu-devel (8):
> Paul Donohue (2):
>
> but it would be nice if we can improve our tooling to prevent future
> instances of the recurring problem.

Yuck. (Maybe we should try whatever the other workaround for
this SPF vs mailing lists problem is?)

If you can suggest a patch to my apply-pullreq script I'm
happy to change it to reject these at pull application time.

https://git.linaro.org/people/peter.maydell/misc-scripts.git/tree/apply-pullreq

thanks
-- PMM