qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Consult] nfs-vsocks support

From: Liu, Jing2
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Consult] nfs-vsocks support
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 18:12:44 +0800

Hi Stefan,

Thank you very much for the response! It truly gave me much help.

On 3/24/2018 12:02 AM, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 05:54:53PM +0800, Liu, Jing2 wrote:
I am currently trying to use nfs-vsocks on x86 for vitural machine
filesystem by some manuals on
https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-nfs/msg64563.html
and https://lwn.net/Articles/647516/

[...]

3. For the 5th step (Start nfsd), I'd like to know the rpc.nfsd --vsock is
enabled by which codes? Is it the CONFIG_VHOST_VSOCK kernel module in host?
Because I installed the kernel with vsock-nfs repo with the specified config
options but failed to do rpc.nfsd --vsock.

Could you give me some help and thanks in advance!

Here is a script that launches nfsd and runs a guest:
https://github.com/stefanha/linux/commit/38cbc15661a6dd44b69c4f318091f2047d707035#diff-05f3fe8941076453942a8c059b409009

I have updated both host and guest kernel with vsock-nfsd repo and installed nfs-utils in both host and guest successfully.

There're two different manuals in https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-nfs/msg64563.html(Quickstart 3~7) and nfs-utils (README step 3 DAEMON STARTUP ORDER).
Which one should be the best usage?

For the first quickstart manual step 7-Mount the export from the guest, two questions as follows.
1. why hypervisor's CID is 2? I didn't notice when it is specified?
2. Though I did step 3~7 successfully, I can't see the synchronistical changing on host folder /export/ and guest /mnt? So how to test the communcation between host and guest on the folder?

Thanks again!

Jing

Regarding rpc.nfsd, on my Fedora 27 system rfc.nfsd is launched by
/usr/lib/systemd/system/nfs.service.  When developing NFS over AF_VSOCK
I disable the NFS service and launch nfsd manually from the script
above.

Stefan