qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Some thoughts about per-queue iothreads in VirtIOBlock

From: Edgar Kaziakhmedov
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Some thoughts about per-queue iothreads in VirtIOBlock
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 17:45:25 +0300

Hi!

Recently, I have started working on the real multi-queue implementation for the VirtIOBlock device and came to conclusion that for the time being it may work only with RAW images. The reason is obviously lack of the true thread-safe multi-queue block
layer, but recently I have seen the following message from Stefan

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2018-02/msg04791.html

It appears like Paolo has already started implementing this feature, so I wonder whether the work is abandoned or not, and could anyone point me out to any of those patches? As I understood from Stefan description, it is expected to change significantly
the approach we use to interact with BlockDriverState.

Thanks,
Edgar