qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU GSoC 2018 Project Idea (Apply polling to QEMU NVMe

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU GSoC 2018 Project Idea (Apply polling to QEMU NVMe)
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2018 16:35:51 +0000

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 12:04:48PM +0100, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> On 27/02/2018 10:05, Huaicheng Li wrote:
> > Great to know that you'd like to mentor the project! If so, can we make it
> > an official project idea and put it on QEMU GSoC page?
>
> Submissions need not come from the QEMU GSoC page.  You are free to
> submit any idea that you think can be worthwhile.

Please follow the process described here:

https://wiki.qemu.org/Google_Summer_of_Code_2018#How_to_propose_a_custom_project_idea

The project idea needs to be posted on the wiki page.

Huaicheng & Paolo, please fill out this template so we can add it to the
wiki page:

=== TITLE ===

 '''Summary:''' Short description of the project

 Detailed description of the project.

 '''Links:'''
 * Wiki links to relevant material
 * External links to mailing lists or web sites

 '''Details:'''
 * Skill level: beginner or intermediate or advanced
 * Language: C
 * Mentor: Email address and IRC nick
 * Suggested by: Person who suggested the idea