qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Moving seabios-hppa git submodule to use a qemu.org mirror

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Moving seabios-hppa git submodule to use a qemu.org mirror
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 18:43:22 +0000

I just noticed that we seem to have acquired another git
submodule that isn't pointing to a qemu.org git url:

[submodule "roms/seabios-hppa"]
        path = roms/seabios-hppa
        url = git://github.com/hdeller/seabios-hppa.git

Jeff, could we set up so we can mirror this repo on qemu.org?
Then we can send a patch to update the .gitmodules to point to it.

(There's also a patchset on list that wants to add a
submodule for git://github.com/zbalaton/u-boot-sam460ex
but I don't know if that will go in or not yet. Should
we insist that we set up the mirror first for new
submodules, or allow them in and fix things up after?
By default we're doing the latter at the moment; the
former seems cleaner but makes it more painful for
contributors to get things added which need new
submodules.)

thanks
-- PMM