qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [for-2.12 0/7] PCI cleanups

From: David Gibson
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [for-2.12 0/7] PCI cleanups
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2017 16:11:51 +1100

On Tue, Dec 05, 2017 at 01:05:58PM +0800, Fam Zheng wrote:
> On Tue, 12/05 06:49, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> > >
> > > Hmm, the host is shared and what I have is a normal user account, so
> > > there is no
> > > control over disk space availability.  Anyway this is completely
> > > unrelated to
> > > this series. Sorry for the noise.
> > >
> > > Fam
> >
> > Could you disable this until you have the time to detect disk full
> > errors?  You are training people to ignore this bot, not a good thing.
> >

> Thanks for the suggestion. I've added a string match to the notification
> condition. The problem is disk is only one factor, I dream of an AI that can
> be
> trained to tell which errors are geniune bugs of the patch and which are
> environment failures... :)

Another approach would be to have a "known good" build that runs every
so often.  If the known good build fails, the bot disables itself (and
tells you to investigate).  Obviously there are ways that could not
work as well, but it should catch a fair range of spurious failures.

http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson