qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Command line option "-option-rom" doesn't take the ROM file

From: Deema B
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Command line option "-option-rom" doesn't take the ROM file
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 10:54:15 -0700

Hi,

I'm trying to use the -option-rom option to supply my own virtio OpROM.

I am not able to see the ROM being launch (the built-in version comes up
instead).
The only way I am able to make it work is to rebuild the Qemu and iPXE
together.

I'm assuming this is working feature, and I'm simply doing something wrong.
Appreciate any suggestions, pointers, and to hear your experience with this
particular option.

 - Deema.