qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [Question] Where Qemu kvm_run structure is synchronized wit

From: HEBBAL Yacine
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [Question] Where Qemu kvm_run structure is synchronized with the one of KVM
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2017 11:22:24 +0200

Hi All,
I added a field to "kvm_run" data structure in both Qemu and KVM to create
a communication interface for a VM security monitoring application in order
to avoid heavy modifications in the hypervisor.
The problem I'm facing is that when this field is updated in KVM after a VM
exit, I don't see the written value in "kvm_run" at Qemu function
"kvm_arch_handle_exit".
My question is how "kvm_run" is synchronized between Qemu and KVM ?
Thank you in advance for your answers

Yacine