qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Disk Image Read Location

From: Derrick McKee
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Disk Image Read Location
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2017 18:47:38 +0000

Hi,

I am trying to figure out if a particular disk operation is reading from
the same location in an image file.  I am simulating a USB disk, and during
an operation the guest OS performs, I would like to know how many times the
backing image file is read.  I have identified the function
address_space_write as the function that writes the data to the guest OS
from the image, but I am not sure what to compare with past writes.  There
are AddressSpace*, MemoryRegion*, and hwaddr types in that function.  Can
any of those be used to compare image read locations?  I am hoping that if,
for example, the AddressSpace* passed into address_space_write during one
invocation equals the AddressSpace* of another invocation means that the
same location within the image file was read twice.  Any help would be
appreciated.

- Derrick McKee
--
Derrick McKee