qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Question about the userfaultfd write-protect support

From: Longpeng (Mike)
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Question about the userfaultfd write-protect support
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 15:02:11 +0800

Hi Andrea,

We've implemented a demo of KVM live memory snapshot based on the userfaultfd
write-protect series in your private
tree(https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/andrea/aa.git/log/). We did
a little hack on that series to make the demo works.

Zhang had discussed with you about this one or two years ago([1][2]), so do you
have any plan to make this series upstream ? If you will, then what is the time
schedule ? We really expect the userfaultfd write-protect series would be
merged. :)