qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Trying to use ccid-card-emulated

From: Patrick Vacek
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Trying to use ccid-card-emulated
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2017 16:11:09 +0200

Hello,

I'm trying to emulate a smartcard. I found section 4 of docs/ccid.txt,
which appears to do exactly what I'm interested in. However, that
document is a few years old and references CoolKey, which at this point
seems obsolete, with OpenSC being the preferred succcessor. I've
followed the rest of steps with success, and tried registering OpenSC
with NSS (i.e. modutil -dbdir /etc/pki/nssdb -add "CAC Module" -libfile
/usr/lib/opensc-pkcs11.so), but I'm still not seeing my three
certificates listed on the device as I'd expect.

I'm using QEMU emulator version 2.8.0(Debian 1:2.8+dfsg-3ubuntu2.3).
I've also tried using QEMU emulator version 2.10.0 (built from source),
but the interface has changed and the commands from the documentation
don't work anymore.

1. Am I correct to assume that OpenSC is the logical successor to
CoolKey, and should I expect a simple substitution such as that to work?
2. Are there other steps I might be overlooking with OpenSC or with
getting the certificates recognized on the device?
3. If, as I suspect, that document is no longer up to date, what do the
steps currently look like to get smartcard emulation working?

Thanks,
Patrick

--
Patrick Vacek