qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QEMU simpletrace.py

From: Derrick McKee
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QEMU simpletrace.py
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2017 15:52:03 +0000

Hi,

I am having trouble using the simpleparser.py script in QEMU.  Hopefully, I
am doing something incorrect and you can quickly set me back on course.

I have generated a trace file as per the instructions in
docs/devel/tracing.txt.  However, whenever I try to run the simpleparser.py
script I get a file not found error:

<QEMU source>/build/scripts/simpletrace.py trace-events-all trace-30218
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/derrick/code/qemu/build/scripts/simpletrace.py", line 262, in
<module>
    run(Formatter())
  File "/home/derrick/code/qemu/build/scripts/simpletrace.py", line 236, in
run
    events = read_events(open(sys.argv[1], 'r'))
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'trace-events-all'

It seems like the python script is considering 'trace-events-all' as a
file, but the directions don't make it seem like it should be a file.
Thoughts?  Thanks
--
Derrick McKee
Ph.D. Student at Purdue University