qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC v2 0/8] monitor: allow per-monitor thread

From: Daniel P. Berrange
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC v2 0/8] monitor: allow per-monitor thread
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 10:14:26 +0100

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 11:31:55AM +0800, Peter Xu wrote:
> Before getting to an conclusion, just want to make sure we have got a
> consensus on that at least we should start to move the monitor command
> handling into a separate thread rather than main thread, am I correct?

Certainly agree on that, moving dispatch of monitor commands out of
the main thread is critical IMHO. The main thread should only ever
be doing work that is gauranteed non-blockable and completable in a
short, finite amount of time. This means at most it should do I/O only
for the monitor.

Regards,
Daniel