qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Persistent bitmaps for non-qcow2 formats

From: Yaniv Lavi (Dary)
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Persistent bitmaps for non-qcow2 formats
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 10:53:47 +0300

YANIV LAVI (YANIV DARY)

SENIOR TECHNICAL PRODUCT MANAGER

Red Hat Israel Ltd. <https://www.redhat.com/>

34 Jerusalem Road, Building A, 1st floor

Ra'anana, Israel 4350109

address@hidden    T: +972-9-7692306/8272306     F: +972-9-7692223    IM: ylavi
 <https://red.ht/sig> TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED. <https://redhat.com/trusted>
@redhatnews <https://twitter.com/redhatnews>   Red Hat
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/red-hat>   Red Hat
<https://www.facebook.com/RedHatInc>

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 12:25 AM, John Snow <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 08/30/2017 08:58 AM, Yaniv Lavi (Dary) wrote:
> >

> > We had no reason to switch to anything else so far and I'm sure this
> > option was not available when we started supporting raw format.
> >

> Yeah, they don't exist yet...! I've looped you in to see if the proposal
> being discussed would alleviate the need for bitmaps for "other formats"
> if we can offer a "raw mode qcow2."

As we our direction is to move a file system/LUN per disk I don't think
adding a new type disk image is the right priority.
The below option of separate file sound like the right direction.