qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] understanding qemu devices

From: Thomas Huth
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] understanding qemu devices
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 10:26:28 +0200

On 18.07.2017 23:44, Eric Blake wrote:
> Based on an IRC conversation today, here's some notes that may help
> newcomers understand what is actually happening with qemu devices.  The
> initial question was how does a guest mount a qcow2 file (the poster was
> wondering if it was a loop or FUSE filesystem) - does it mean the guest
> has to understand qcow2?
>
> (Hopefully, someone with more experience with good documentation layouts
> and time might be willing to take this and further enhance it into a
> nice part of the qemu.org website.)

I just found some spare minutes to read through your mail. Thanks for
the text, I think this is a good summary for newcomers, indeed!

And yes, I agree, this should appear somewhere on the qemu.org website!
I think the best place is either a page in the Wiki, or a post in the
QEMU blog. I assume you already have a wiki account? If not, let me
know. Or for doing a blog post, you basically have to
 git clone git://git.qemu-project.org/qemu-web.git
and add a new file in the "_posts" directory. Have a look at the other
files there to know how to specify the meta information. Then send a
patch to qemu-devel, with Paolo on CC (and myself if you want to get a
review or test with Jekyll).

 Thomas