qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Odd character rendering/refresh behaviour?

From: Dr. David Alan Gilbert
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Odd character rendering/refresh behaviour?
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2017 15:38:04 +0100

I'm seeing something odd with character rendering and I can't quite put
my finger on it.

Generally I'm booting a Fedora26 guest and I'm seeing as I type
the characters appear in sections, and you see the rest of the
character appear shortly after (i.e. parts of each character,
not obviously top/bottom etc, but much more random)

I've not been able to get a consistent feel for when this happens;
but it feels like it's only started happening recently.

So far I can't with confidence say if it's in any way related to guest
type, video emulation or what.

Anyone else seeing this?

Dave