qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 25/29] migration: introduce SaveVMHandlers.resume_

From: Peter Xu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 25/29] migration: introduce SaveVMHandlers.resume_prepare
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2017 15:39:08 +0800

On Thu, Aug 03, 2017 at 12:38:01PM +0100, Dr. David Alan Gilbert wrote:
> * Peter Xu (address@hidden) wrote:
> > This is hook function to be called when a postcopy migration wants to
> > resume from a failure. For each module, it should provide its own
> > recovery logic before we switch to the postcopy-active state.
>
> Would a change-state handler be able to do this,

We don't have such a change-state handler, do we?

> or perhaps
> the notifier chain I have in my shared memory world:
>  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2017-06/msg06459.html

The postcopy_notify() can do this as well. I just need a way to hook
up all the system modules for migration. In our case, it's only RAM,
but I think maybe one day we need block support. So as long as the
mechanism (either current SaveVMHandlers interface, or
postcopy_notify) can do the notification, IMHO it'll be fine.

--
Peter Xu