qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-ppc] Floating point unit bugs

From: G 3
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-ppc] Floating point unit bugs
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 22:54:56 -0400

On Jun 21, 2017, at 12:28 PM, Peter Maydell wrote:

On 21 June 2017 at 17:27, G 3 <address@hidden> wrote:
On Jun 21, 2017, at 12:20 PM, Peter Maydell wrote:
We don't yet have any mechanism for having tests that need to
be compiled for the target architecture, do we?

I don't know about that but I do know we have image files that can be booted in various guest. These image files could include tests like the floating
point test.

Here is the link to the test images page:
http://wiki.qemu.org/Testing/System_Images

Yes -- those are almost all very out of date, not reproducible
at all and don't cover very many of our systems, because we
don't have a good mechanism for writing tests that need
to be built for the target architecture. I'd like us to
have a setup so that it's easy to say "just add a new test",
rather than accumulating more random images on the wiki...

The advantage a test image would have is the user doesn't have to worry about compiling a test using a cross compiler. Everything the user would need to test QEMU is already inside the image file (hopefully).

Is the setup you want something like running 'make test' ? I imagine binary files included with QEMU would test the emulated CPU. There would be no need to cross compile anything.