qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] How to pass intercepted mouse move x and y from host to

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] How to pass intercepted mouse move x and y from host to a virtual machine running in Qemu
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 10:25:55 +0100

On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 10:44:23AM +0300, Alexander Syvak wrote:
> Hi, guys!
>
> There exists a manually written virtual USB device registered as Qemu type.
>
> It reads 5 bytes
>
> - x and y of a mouse move, x and y of scrolling, and buttons state -
>
> from mouse.fifo but there is no code in the implementation file which would
> actually parse those bytes.
>
> First where does Qemu actually parse those bytes?
>
> And the most important - can I actually pass double value for a mouse move?
>
> I use libinput in order to intercept host input events.

It's not clear whether you are referring to a device in qemu.git or
custom code.  If you want help with custom code, please post a link to
the source.  If you want help with qemu.git code, please mention
specific the filename and/or function name you are asking about.

CCing Gerd Hoffman, USB maintainer.

Stefan