qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] AccelClass initialization order question

From: Chuck Tuffli
Subject: [Qemu-devel] AccelClass initialization order question
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 20:18:51 -0700

While debugging an issue, I ran across something in the initialization
sequence of hardware accelerators. Being a noobie qemu developer, it's
hard to tell if I simply don't understand how AccelClass works or if
this is a bug.

The init_machine function for hardware accelerators is passed a
MachineState pointer via configure_accelerator(), but several elements
of the structure (e.g. ram_size, maxram_size, etc.) are not
initialized until well after this call. Should hardware accelerator
modules not look at MachineState and instead grab the global versions
of variables like ram_size? TIA.

--chuck