qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] nbd: Possible regression in 2.9 RCs

From: Kevin Wolf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] nbd: Possible regression in 2.9 RCs
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2017 13:01:31 +0200

Am 04.04.2017 um 17:09 hat Paolo Bonzini geschrieben:
> On 04/04/2017 16:53, Kevin Wolf wrote:
> >> The big question is how this fits into release management.  We have
> >> another important regression from the op blocker work and only a week
> >> to go before the last rc.  Are we going to delay 2.9 arbitrarily?  Are
> >> we going to shorten the 2.10 development period correspondingly?  (I
> >> vote yes and yes, FWIW).
> > Which is the other regression?
>
> The assertion failure for snapshot_blkdev with iothreads.

Ah, right, I keep forgetting that this started appearing with the op
blocker series because the failure mode is completely different, so it
seems to have been a latent bug somewhere else that was uncovered by it.

If we're sure that the change of the order in bdrv_append() is what
caused the bug to appear, we can just undo that for 2.9, at the cost of
a messed up graph in the error case when bdrv_set_backing_hd() fails
(because we have no way to undo bdrv_replace_node()).

Kevin