qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Problems with native Mingw-w64 build

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Problems with native Mingw-w64 build
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2017 13:57:14 +0100

On 26 March 2017 at 11:30, Mark Cave-Ayland
<address@hidden> wrote:
> In order to do some testing on a Windows box, I've spent a bit of time
> this weekend setting up a mingw-w64 build environment on Windows 10
> using http://wiki.qemu-project.org/Hosts/W32 as a guideline.

I think most people prefer to use the cross-compile.
Stefan might do native compiles.

> 2) glib-compat mkdtemp() error

> This one seems to be a genuine bug since the wiki above mentions that
> 64-bit builds cannot use versions of glib > 2.22 due to a change in the
> way global symbols are managed. Since g_dir_make_tmp() only appears in
> glib 2.30 and later, we end up using the fallback code which fails
> because mkdtemp() isn't available on Windows.

Since 2.7 the minimum version of glib has been 2.30 for Windows
(documented in http://wiki.qemu-project.org/ChangeLog/2.7),
because of this g_dir_make_tmp() dependency. Unfortunately
it looks like we forgot to update configure (we didn't for 2.7
because we noticed the issue quite late in the release cycle).

thanks
-- PMM