qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Question nbd_refresh_filename()

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Question nbd_refresh_filename()
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2017 15:47:10 +0000

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 05:48:48PM +0100, Markus Armbruster wrote:
> BlockdevOptionsNbd has a member SocketAddress, and nbd_config() doesn't
> restrict variants.  Thus, all four SOCKET_ADDRESS_KIND_ can occur.
>
> Now have a look at nbd_refresh_filename().  s->saddr->type is If
> SOCKET_ADDRESS_KIND_VSOCK or SOCKET_ADDRESS_KIND_FD, then @host, @port
> and @path all remain null, and bs->exact_filename[] is not touched.
>
> Does this work as intended?

NDB over AF_VSOCK has not been tested.  I would expect it to fail
earlier than nbd_refresh_filename().  It's certainly possible to come up
with the host=,port= for AF_VSOCK.

Not sure about file descriptor passing.  Either we could getsockaddr()
and print out the host=,port= or path= (depending on the address
family), or we could use some syntax for referring to the file
descriptor.

Stefan