qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] guest-exec of qemu-guest-agent fails on Windows guest

From: Armin Ranjbar
Subject: [Qemu-devel] guest-exec of qemu-guest-agent fails on Windows guest
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2017 15:07:42 +0430

Hi everyone,

We are trying to use guest-exec[0] command of qemu-guest-agent. However,
discovered that whatever command we try to run, it ends up with the
following error on the host side:

> error: Guest agent is not responding: Guest agent not available for now

An example of what we run on the host side:

> virsh qemu-agent-command --domain armin_1 '{ "execute": "guest-exec",
"arguments": { "path": "C:/Windows/System32/ipconfig.exe",
"capture-output": false } }'

Because Windows was complaining about `gspawn-win64-helper-console.exe`
whenever we ran a command on host, we tried to run it directly from cli and
it failed on the following assertion:

> g_assert (argc >= ARG_COUNT); // [1]

This picture[2] might be a bit more useful as it includes the output of
`qemu-ga` in verbose mode.

Any idea how we can solve it and/or what we are doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

[0]
https://github.com/qemu/qemu/blob/fbddc2e5608eb655493253d080598375db61a748/qga/qapi-schema.json#L1024
[1]