qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] xtensa failure: "tcg_handle_interrupt: assertion failed

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] xtensa failure: "tcg_handle_interrupt: assertion failed: (qemu_mutex_iothread_locked())"
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2017 20:48:45 +0000

On 1 March 2017 at 20:32, Alex Bennée <address@hidden> wrote:
> However I ran into another problem. Code generation leads to a tlb_fill
> which runs afoul of a nested tb_lock(). I'm pretty sure the front-end is
> using the wrong thing to fetch code:

Isn't that the expected (if admittedly kinda dumb) thing where
when we fail a code load during translation it causes us
to attempt a recursive translation before we finally
figure out that it really isn't going to work and longjump
right out to the top level? It's silly and we should
probably at some point figure out a way to do it more
cleanly, but it doesn't actually cause any problem pre-MTTCG...

thanks
-- PMM