qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC Design Doc v3] Enable Shared Virtual Memory featur

From: Tian, Kevin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC Design Doc v3] Enable Shared Virtual Memory feature in pass-through scenarios
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2017 06:51:22 +0000

No. SVM is purely about sharing CPU address space with device. Command
submission is still through kernel driver which controls rings (with SVM then
you can put VA into those commands). There are other vendor specific
features to enable direct user space submission which is orthogonal to SVM.

Thanks
Kevin