qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Query for PCI burst support

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Query for PCI burst support
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 14:18:41 +0000

On Mon, Feb 06, 2017 at 11:28:24AM +0530, Gaurav Sharma wrote:
> Is it possible to generate a PCIe burst of greater than 2dw for any MMIO.
> I see we have limit of max 2dw operation for any MemoryRegion defined by
> the max access size.

My understanding is that QEMU does not emulate bursts because it's a
functional simulator rather than low-level PCI bus transaction
simulator.

You might be interested in KVM's coalesced MMIO feature.  That is a
performance optimization but it's not PCI-specific.

Why are you trying to do PCIe bursts?

Stefan