qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] usb3 - xhci - Assertion `intr->er_full' failed

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] usb3 - xhci - Assertion `intr->er_full' failed
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2017 08:11:50 +0100

  Hi,
> - usb with usbredir 0.7.1

What kind of device do you assign to the guest?

> - guest windows 7 - renesas driver 2.1.36 or 2.1.39

ok.

> Where is the verfied windows driver that is compatible/tested with xhci code ?

Usually I test with the drivers shipped by the operating system, i.e.
linux kernel or windows 8 (or newer).

> I see some movement on xhci sources
> (https://www.kraxel.org/cgit/qemu/log/?h=work/qemu-xhci) -
> Is there some special driver for "PCI_DEVICE_ID_REDHAT_XHCI" "1b36:000c PCI
> xhci usb host adapter" for Windows Guests
> that is compatible with xhci qemu code ?

Generic xhci drivers should work with any xhci controller, no matter
what pci ids it has.

> ---------------------------------- USB keyboard + qemu-xen-4.8.0 + 2.1.39
> driver + DEBUG_XHCI + DEBUG_DATA ---------------------------

Is the usb keyboard enough to trigger this?

enabling usb_xhci_* trace events would be more helpful than DEBUG_XHCI
(see qemu.git/docs/tracing.txt).

cheers,
  Gerd