qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Call for GSoC 2017 mentors & project ideas

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Call for GSoC 2017 mentors & project ideas
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 10:52:11 +0000

QEMU will be applying to Google Summer of Code again this year.

Do you want to help some of the most talented university students
begin contributing to open source by working on our codebase and
joining our community?

We need to put together a list of project ideas by February 9:
http://qemu-project.org/Google_Summer_of_Code_2017#Project_Ideas

Active contributors are invited to post project ideas.  The project
should be doable in 12 weeks by someone fluent in C programming but
not familiar with the codebase.  Good project ideas have a clear
scope, few dependencies, a high chance of being merged, and can be
broken down into smaller steps.

For background on why QEMU participates in GSoC and how it works,
check out my KVM Forum presentation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNVCX7YMUL8
https://vmsplice.net/~stefan/stefanha-kvm-forum-2016.pdf

KVM and Jailhouse are invited to participate under the QEMU umbrella
organization.

Stefan