qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Did anything ever come of the Wireshark dissector gener

From: Daniel P. Berrange
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Did anything ever come of the Wireshark dissector generator that was being worked on
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2017 09:46:53 +0000

On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 10:51:55AM -0800, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I saw on this page
> http://wiki.qemu.org/Features/LibvirtWiresharkDissector that someone
> was planning on writing a dissector generator for XDR.

It is complete and included in libvirt git for a couple of years now.

> I wish I had known about it when I started the following effort, which
> is now at a Version 1 level:
>
> https://gitlab.com/realrichardsharpe/wireshark_rpcgen
>
> As far as I am aware it handles all of XDR and is able to handle
> protocols that are specified across multiple XDR files (as that is
> what I needed.)
>
> However, I would be interested in following up with the athor of the
> libvirt version.

The original author was a google summer of code student and no longer
active in the libvirt community. It is now maintained collaboratatively
by the libvirt developers.

Regards,
Daniel
|: http://entangle-photo.org       -o-    http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ :|