qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qobject/qjson.c:69: failed assertion `obj != NULL'

From: G 3
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qobject/qjson.c:69: failed assertion `obj != NULL'
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 15:53:53 -0500

On Nov 21, 2016, at 3:46 PM, Eric Blake wrote:

On 11/21/2016 02:36 PM, Eric Blake wrote:
but I'd argue that using qobject_from_jsonf() is already less-than- useful.

In fact, we are down to only a handful of users of our modified 'jsonf'
format (that is, strings that mix JSON with % modifiers):

hw/pci/pcie_aer.c: build a 5-element QDict
monitor.c: build a 1-element QDict which contains a 2-element QDict
qapi/qmp-dispatch.c: build a 2-element QDict
qapi/qmp-event.c: Build a 2-element QDict

plus the testsuite (check-qjson.c).

  It's hard to argue that the
complexity of maintaining our pseudo-printf JSON parser for constructing
a QObject with one line is worth the effort compared to the three or
four lines to construct the same QObject by hand.

I'm severely tempted to just rip out all of the poorly- underdocumented % parsing from the JSON parser, as it will simplify our code, without much
pain in converting the four real users to just manually build up the
same objects.

Sounds like a good idea.