qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL v2 00/34] virtio, vhost, pc, pci: tests, document

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL v2 00/34] virtio, vhost, pc, pci: tests, documentation, fixes and cleanups
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 10:56:57 +0000

On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 01:19:40AM +0200, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> Well I feel bad about it.
> It was ready in time, I deferred it because there was so much other
> stuff that I did not want it to interfere with.
>
> I was sure it's ok - it's just a test change, I don't really see why we
> need to enforce policy for tests, they are not used in production.
>
> Let's make an exception for once?

I've enforced the freeze policy with other maintainers.  It isn't fair
to make an exception.

Build and test changes may appear innocent but they can break other
platforms/compilers.  That causes delays in the release process and
we're stuck in freeze for even longer.

As I mentioned, just put it in your -next tree.  Everyone working off
this code needs to rebase to -next anyway since we'll be in hard freeze
for a few weeks starting tomorrow.  I see no justification for including
these patches.

Stefan