qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Mentor Summit notes

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Mentor Summit notes
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2016 02:31:49 -0700

Valentine and I attended Google Summer of Code Mentor Summit on behalf
of QEMU.  The event brings together GSoC mentors from all
participating organizations.

A lot of people benefit from QEMU and told me so at the summit.  There
are also many who hadn't heard of QEMU before.

I gave a lightning talk about Pranith Kumar's MTTCG project since it's
a good example of a QEMU project:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1kidkMp4k-ak180aI-eZQfWuIEpQoeY-0N-oqt9eZo20/edit?usp=sharing

Feedback from Mentor Summit:

1. Pavel Pisa wants to upstream CAN bus support.  I asked him to
rebase and submit the patches.  Please take a look when patches are
posted.

2. RTEMS mentioned they sometimes rely on out-of-tree QEMU targets and
want to encourage authors to upstream their code.  Xilinx was
mentioned in particular.

3. Wine brainstormed x86 Windows applications on ARM using
qemu-user-x86 + wine (x86).  Probably requires multithreaded TCG.
Work required to get OpenGL and other native features passed through.
Talk to Stefan Dösinger (Wine) if interested.

Stefan