qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/35] cmpxchg atomic operations

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/35] cmpxchg atomic operations
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 19:02:24 +0100

On 24 October 2016 at 18:27, Richard Henderson <address@hidden> wrote:
> Bah.  Annoyingly, even though I didn't configure with --disable-werror, I only
> got the warning from clang, which of course flashed by unseen.

I think that configure looks for "does this compiler support
the GCC diagnostic pragma" (which clang doesn't) and doesn't enable
werror by default if it doesn't exist, even though often your
combination of config options and system headers won't produce
the warnings that we would need the pragma to suppress.

I usually add -Werror to --extra-cflags.

thanks
-- PMM