qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Baremetal Netduino2 -- cannot output on UARTs 2-4

From: Seth K
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Baremetal Netduino2 -- cannot output on UARTs 2-4
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2016 16:25:38 -0400

I have made a bare metal "Hello World" program for the Netduino2. I have
pushed it here:

https://github.com/skintigh/baremetal_netduino2

It should output "Test 1/4" to USART 1, "Test 2/4" to USART 2, "Test 3/4"
to USART 3 and "Test 4/4" to UART 4.

What actually happens in QEMU is only the first string is output. That may
be a command line argument error on my part, so for a sanity check I put
printf statements in the function stm32f2xx_usart_write in
qemu/hw/char/stm32f2xx_usart.c and recompiled qemu. The result is text sent
to UART1 and UART4 make is to the function (though only 1 is output), while
writes to 2 and 3 simply disappear and never make it to that function. I
assumed all writes to UARTs would go to that function.

Am I doing something dumb? Is this a bug? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Seth