qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Trying to remove the TLB / What to do when device access fa

From: Antoine Faravelon
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Trying to remove the TLB / What to do when device access fail with error code 2(not present)
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2016 11:26:56 +0200 (CEST)

Good morning.
I am currently trying to replace the TLB entirely but fail to do so. Indeed,
while I seem to have managed to catch any call/access made to it, whenever I
now try to read or write to a device, I get a failed access(code is 2, e.g.
device not present). My addresses do seem to be good. Which leads me to ask,
what should I do when I get such a failed access? What can I do so that qemu
somehow allocate or wire up the device access?
I work on x86_64 frontend and backend.

Thanks for your time,
Antoine.