qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Help: Does Qemu support virtio-pci for net-device and disk

From: Kevin Zhao
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Help: Does Qemu support virtio-pci for net-device and disk device?
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 20:08:11 +0800

Hi all,
     Now I'm investigating net device hot plug and disk hotplug for
AArch64. For virtio , the default address is virtio-mmio. After Libvirt
1.3.5, user can explicitly specify the address-type to pci and so libvirt
will pass the virtio-pci parameters to the Qemu.
     Both my host and guest OS is Debian8, and Qemu version is 2.6.0.
Libvirt version is 1.3.5.
     For net-device, I change the address-type to pci, and libvirt pass the
command below:
     -device
virtio-net-pci,netdev=hostnet0,id=net0,mac=52:54:00:0d:25:25,bus=pci.2,addr=0x1

     After booting, the eth0 device disappear(eth0 occur when the address
is virtio-mmio),
but I can find another net-device enp2s1, also it can't work for dhcp:
Running lspci: 02:01.0 Ethernet controller: Red Hat, Inc Virtio network
device
I'm not sure whether it worked.

     For disk device,* when I change the address-type to pci, the whole
qemu command is :*
https://paste.fedoraproject.org/409553/,  but the VM can not boot
successfully. Does Qemu not support device disk of virtio-pci in AArch64
just as it in X86_64?
     Thanks~Since I am not very familiar with Qemu, really looking forward
to your response.

Best Regards,
Kevin Zhao