qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] VFIO mdev with vIOMMU

From: Tian, Kevin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] VFIO mdev with vIOMMU
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 23:47:58 +0000

Ha, it is the info I'm looking for. Can you help point to me where above
logic is implemented? I only saw the latter part about adding a new IOMMU
region...

And suppose we also have logic to do the vice versa - when guest disables
IOMMU then all IOVA mappings will be deleted and then GPA mapped IOVA
space will be replayed?

> callbacks.  The fact that we can't have both system memory and an IOMMU
> active via vfio_listener_region_add() is a property of the VT-d
> emulation.  Anyway, I think it's handled correctly, but until VT-d
> emulation actually starts interacting correctly with the iommu map
> notifier, we won't know if there might be some lingering bugs.  Thanks,

Thanks
Kevin